In the priority programme of the DFG SSP 2026 Prof. Uwe Semmelmann coordinates the projekt 15 "Spaces and Moduli Spaces of Riemannian Metrics with Curvature Bounds on compact and non-compact Manifolds".
The project concentrates on three major issues:
- The space of positive scalar curvature metrics
- Fiber bundles with geometric structures and spaces of Riemannian metrics
- Moduli spaces for nonnegative sectional and positive Ricci curvature
- Principal Investigator: Prof. Uwe Semmelmann
- Funding Period: 15.07.2020 bis 14.07.2023
- Summary: This project studies various problems in nearly G2 geometry. There are three main directions proposed. First the stability of nearly G2 metrics among Einstein metrics shall be considered. Then the question whether or not nearly G2 structures are rigid is to be studied. This should include the study of the deformation theory for the
second Einstein metric on 7-dimensional 3-Sasaki manifolds and finally the problem of the existence of deformations for associative submanifolds in nearly G2 geometry.